Instructions

Internship Reviews

You do not need to login to post your comments. Postings are not listed alphabetically, so you need to search for your placement by company name.
·
To use the search bar, type in the desired company name, and left-click the magnifying glass search icon. (hitting the “Enter” key will not work)


· Double-click on the company name to Post a Comment and then chose an identity (Anonymous) before you publish your comments to the Blog.
· If you do not see your company in the list; then send an e-mail to fieldexp@acad.umass.edu and we will add your placement location to the blog.



Things you should include in your comments. (It is O.K. to be critical within reason.)
·
What did you do and learn during your Field Experience?
· How were you treated by supervisors and co-workers?
· Was there anything special about your placement location?
· Would you recommend this employer to other students?
· Please do NOT use profanity or names of individual persons. Such comments will be blocked and deleted.
· Comments or suggestions about this BLOG : contact dsmithers@acad.umass.edu

Monday, October 25, 2010

Amherst Community Television

Primary job responsibilities;
I worked with almost every aspect in this studio that an intern can. I helped to set up and rearrange the studio, directed shoots, worked the cameras, trained on the final cut pro program, edited shoots, and conducted my own shoots outside of the studio.

Over the course of my placement something did change. It wasn't a promotional type of change however. I just switched up my position so that I could learn as much variety as possible.

I would overall rate this experience as very good. Eventually I would like to be able to conduct and film my own interviews, where I am the interviewer for experience in front of the camera. I would recommend this site to other students because ACTV is a great place to be able to experience hands on so you get a feel of the work environment, pace, and expectations in this business.

If I could change any aspect of this placement;
The programs that I helped to film all revolve around political matters such as town meetings and school board meetings. I would love to be able to work with news reporting stories and working with that preparation.

To future students I would say make sure yo have an idea of what you want to gain so that you stay focused and motivated even when you are not receiving pay. The more you want going in the more you will benefit from the experience.

No comments: