You do not need to login to post your comments. Postings are not listed alphabetically, so you need to search for your placement by company name.
· To use the search bar, type in the desired company name, and left-click the magnifying glass search icon. (hitting the “Enter” key will not work)
· Double-click on the company name to Post a Comment and then chose an identity (Anonymous) before you publish your comments to the Blog.
· If you do not see your company in the list; then send an e-mail to email@example.com and we will add your placement location to the blog.
Things you should include in your comments. (It is O.K. to be critical within reason.)
· What did you do and learn during your Field Experience?
· How were you treated by supervisors and co-workers?
· Was there anything special about your placement location?
· Would you recommend this employer to other students?
· Please do NOT use profanity or names of individual persons. Such comments will be blocked and deleted.
· Comments or suggestions about this BLOG : contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Cutchins Center for Children and Families, Northampton, MA
-Essentially acting as an additional staff member in the house.
- Helping residents through daily routines.
-Attending shift meetings to discuss how residents are doing.
There were no major changes to my primary responsibilities.
I rate this Field placement as a very good place to work at and I recommend it to other students for sure. The staff are very nice and help make the experience positive. The placement gives you insight into psychology outside of the classroom, which is nice.
If I could change anything about this placement I would have had a more active role in the house, but seeing as i was there once a week and not a full time staff this is understandable.